Thursday, November 1, 2007

In Loving Memory....

I had this English teacher in the sixth standard. I used to worship her. Her powers of sarcasm were awesome. She was beautiful with long ,thick hair that was always braided. Her name was Tanuja Chandra. In case you're wondering why i speak of her in the past tense, it's because she's gone. Brain Tumour. I heard this only a few days back and it was almost like a physical blow.
Somehow one never expects stuff like this to happen so near by.
She was my favourite teacher and one of the kindest people I knew. I don't know how many people will remember her but I'm gonna try. This is a kind of epitaph for her. Here's to one of the best teachers I have ever known.
I've been reading Aditi's blog. It's so good, the girl has talent. I was thinking... we are what we write. Everybody's style is a reflection of their personality. Even Appu writes well, her blog is so typical of her.
The last few days I have been alternating with hope and despair. There's a germ of a chance that something might come my way. But until then, this corrosion........

No comments: